We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, attorneys, staff and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
Your right to use the Site is not transferable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable.
The information and services may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations. We and our affiliated parties have no liability whatsoever for your use of any information or service. In particular, but not as a limitation thereof, we and our affiliated parties are not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. The negation of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between us and you. This site and the information would not be provided without such limitations. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us through the site shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in this agreement.
Use of Information
Latest Revision: June 11th, 2018
By using our Site, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy. Your consent is the legal basis for our use of your personal information. You can withdraw your consent at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Who We Collect Information From
We collect personal information from:
- visitors to our Site; and
- individuals who establish a relationship with us by telephone, sign up to receive communications or who sign up for Carrier Connect services accessed through our Site.
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect personal information which includes:
- your name, address and other personal details set out in any carrier application you submit to us;
- user account information that you upload on our Site, such as your name, address, email address and phone number;
- information contained in any email messages, questions, comments, complaints or requests you send us;
- the geographic location from which you access our Site;
- your IP address;
- the date and time you accessed our Site, the hardware, software or internet browser you used to access our Site, and information about your computer’s operating system, such as application versions and your language settings;
- information about which pages of our Site have been shown to you, Site navigation details and links on our Site that you follow; and
- information you submit to our Site in connection with the services we offer such as details related to the carrier services for which you contract.
How We Use Personal Information
We will only collect and use your personal information for the following purposes, except as permitted or required by applicable law:
- allowing you to track, manage and access your use of the services on our Site;
- coordinating matters related to the carrier services for which you contract;
- acknowledging your comments and/or replying to your questions, complaints and requests;
- communicating with you and providing you with information on available loads, carriers and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- for analytical purposes, including website analytics, to compile analyses of our business and our Site;
- to provide customer service;
- communicating with you by email, mail and phone to handle any matters related to the services;
- improving the performance and utility of our services and of our Site;
- generally managing and administering our business;
- preventing and prosecuting fraud;
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other purpose to which you may consent in the future.
Who We Disclose Personal Information To
We will only disclose your personal information in the following circumstances, except as permitted or required by applicable law:
- to our customers, as necessary to provide you with the carrier services for which you have contracted;
- to third party companies and contractors that provide us with services in the conduct of our business (“service providers”), such as information technology services for our software applications, advertising, marketing and survey services and other essential similar services, but only as necessary for those service providers to provide services to us;
- to third parties as we deem necessary or appropriate to prevent, limit or otherwise prosecute fraud;
- as necessary to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other circumstance in which you provide consent to disclose.
Scout and its service providers are located in various jurisdictions including, among others, Canada and the United States and, as a result, your personal information may be stored, processed or transferred into or out of these countries. The data protection laws in these countries may be different to those in your country and your information may be subject to access by the regulatory authorities in, and to the laws of, those other jurisdictions.
We may use and disclose your personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, sale or other business transaction involving part or all of our business or assets. Such use and disclosure would be for the purpose of allowing third parties to determine whether to proceed with the proposed transaction, and if the transaction proceeds, for the purpose of completing the transaction. Assignees or successors to our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Links to Third Party Sites
Social Media Features
We will retain your personal information for as long as:
- your account is active;
- your personal information is needed to provide you services; or
- it is necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance and audit requirements.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
Scout will try to ensure that your personal information is correct and up-to-date. You can review and update your personal information on our Site. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party, we would be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information upon your request.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal information uploaded to our Site is transmitted to us using industry standard encryption, which creates a private conversation between your computer and our Site. We authenticate our Site and enable TLS/SSL encryption to protect your sensitive data and transactions.
Nevertheless, Scout cannot absolutely guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that your personal information in our possession or under our control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify you and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
Remember that email sent over the Internet is generally unencrypted and transmitted in clear text. We recommend that you use caution when forwarding free-format email messages to us and that you do not include confidential information (such as unique user IDs, passwords or personally identifiable information) in those messages. Confidential information should be transmitted to us through other secure methods such as by telephone.
Revision of Policy
This policy may be revised from time to time. We will notify you of material changes prior to such material change being effective, either by email at the address you have provided to us in connection with your registration on our Site or by a prominent notice on our Site. Your continued use of our Site or failure to cancel your account on our Site following such notification shall constitute your acceptance of the revised policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Data Privacy Officer
3351 Dundas Street W.
Toronto, Ontario M6P 2A6
Scout will respond to your request for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
Information and Press Releases
The Site may contain information and press releases about us. While this information was believed to be accurate as of the date prepared, we disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about companies other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.